The Shared Competencies are six learning goals that enhance your Syracuse University experience. Students achieve the Shared Competencies through major degree courses, liberal arts requirements, electives, campus jobs, and co-curricular experiences.
- Ethics, Integrity, and Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Scientific Inquiry and Research Skills
- Civic and Global Responsibility
- Communication Skills
- Information Literacy and Technological Agility
Undergraduate courses will be tagged with up to three competency tags starting in the Spring 2023 registration process for Fall 2023 enrollment. Course tags highlight the knowledge and skills students can expect to gain in courses. Course tags will be searchable in class search, schedule builder, and will appear in the 2023-24 course catalog. Watch the video to learn more!