Strategic planning is a three to five year organizational plan that drives action to address the gap between the current state of affairs and the desired state.
Systematic Design of Strategy
Syracuse University’s approach to strategic planning is organized into 7 stages.
A systematic strategic planning process serves multiple purposes:
- creates an institution-wide sense of clarity and transparency;
- keeps everyone aligned with the university vision, mission, and goals;
- sharpens the focus;
- provides an opportunity to understand industry trends;
- identifies and guides the best strategies to accomplish goals;
- tracks progress on activities and their deliverables;
- includes cross-functional involvement;
- focuses resources on key institutional priorities.