Benefits to Students:
- Highlights key knowledge and skills students can expect to learn in a course.
- Enables students to create a pathway that connects various learning experiences from their major degree, liberal arts, and other electives using a common framework.
- Enables students to connect university-wide learning goals with individual courses, assignments, and experiences which provides them with language and tangible examples to discuss during their job or graduate search processes.
- Aids students in navigating various state and major requirements while developing a course schedule that produces an enriching learning experience.
Benefits to Faculty:
- Engages faculty in collaborative conversations about course design and curricula.
- Allows programs to ensure continuity across course sections.
- Allows faculty to build in intentional course learning objectives and assignments across course sections.