Syracuse University is committed to supporting faculty in efficiently creating a holistic view of teaching, research and creative works, and service activities, and to supporting departments, schools, and colleges in using an enterprise system to efficiently obtain, store, and feature faculty accomplishments.
The University is working to streamline the information gathering process and provide support to the faculty, departments, schools, and colleges to further faculty success. Faculty will be able to easily track their tenure and promotion workflow when applicable. The system will also support the annual CV update process.
The Faculty Portfolio system builds on the following guiding principles:
- Support faculty success across the full spectrum of activities that are at the core of the University’s academic mission by reflecting contributions to teaching, research and/or creative work, and service.
- Document faculty accomplishments based on established school/college criteria and cultural/disciplinary expectations.
- Save faculty time, to the extent possible, by gathering publicly and institutionally available records of faculty accomplishment. Faculty have the opportunity to review, verify, add, and edit their portfolios.
- Support salary equity goals at the University.
- Maintain existing school/college and University processes for faculty review (i.e., annual review, tenure, and promotion).
Data Privacy and Security
The University’s procurement process includes an Information and Technology Services (ITS) security review. The selected system uses 800-53 for its security controls. The system is aligned with the University’s information security framework.