A Holistic Approach to Enriching Teaching and Learning
Syracuse University’s holistic approach to enriching teaching and learning focuses on faculty self-reflection, professional development, class observation, student course feedback, and measuring student learning.
The Course Feedback Framework
Core elements of the course feedback framework include:
- Students have the opportunity to provide feedback on their courses regardless of delivery format, time schedule, or campus location.
- The process provides actionable feedback to improve teaching and learning, rather than individual instructor ratings.
- Each school/college continues to determine how course feedback is used within their respective area with regard to teaching, learning, promotion, and tenure.
- The majority of course feedback items address departmental and instructor needs; the form also includes a set of common questions used for all Syracuse University courses.
Gathering input from students, staff, faculty, and school/college leadership is an important activity for the IEA team. We are available to meet to discuss the course feedback process. If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact the IEA course feedback team. We look forward to working with you!
View IEA course feedback updates:
- Student Ratings/Course Feedback Transition, Spring 2019 (*.pdf)
- Course Feedback Update, Fall 2019 (*.pdf)
- Course Feedback Presentation, Fall 2019 (*.pdf)
- Course Feedback Update, Spring 2020 (*.pdf)
- Course Feedback/EvaluationKIT Presentation, Spring 2020 (*.pdf)
- Course Feedback Update, Fall 2020 (*pdf)