Syracuse University’s academic program assessment efforts, focused on student learning outcomes, are a faculty-owned and faculty-driven process. Faculty collaboration is critical to maintaining meaningful student learning outcomes assessment. This mini-grant is designed to support faculty in facilitating program-level assessment activities to enhance student learning. The mini-grant will be awarded to faculty members who are responsible for coordinating program-level assessment and participate in a two-day Assessment Leadership Institute.
Assessment Leadership Institute Learning Goals
- Participants will gain assessment knowledge and skills (e.g., student learning outcomes development, identifying measures and criteria, curriculum mapping).
- Participants will identify and demonstrate facilitation techniques that they will use to guide assessment efforts.
- Participants will develop a sense of agency to inform program-level decision-making.
Eligibility and Award Information
- All full-time tenure, tenure track, and non-tenure track faculty who are responsible for student learning outcomes assessment are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be available to attend the Assessment Leadership Institute – Postponed due to COVID-19, the ALI will take place during the fall 2020 semester. Specific dates are TBD.
- Applicants are also expected to:
- Complete a short reflection at the end of each day of the institute (minute paper)
- Draft an action plan outlining how participants will engage with their faculty, what topics they will bring to the faculty during the 2020-21 academic year, and what their poster session may entail, which they will present to the group at the end of the institute
- Implement their action plan during the 2020-21 academic year.
- Create a poster for the One University Assessment Poster Session (April 2021)
- Provide a final reflection on experience, progress, and impact of their participation (May 2021)
- Up to 12 mini-grants are available. Grant award is $750 ($500 awarded after attending the Assessment Leadership Institute, $250 after poster presentation). The mini-grant can be applied to a faculty member’s research account or through payroll.
- To view this funding opportunity, visit: syracuse.infoready4.com
- Log in to the portal using your Syracuse University netID and password to submit an application.
Deadline and Notification
- Deadline to apply is July 24, 2020.
- Notification of selection will be sent by July 31, 2020.
- Selected applicants should confirm their acceptance no later than August 7, 2020.
- Contact the Assessment Working Team (email@example.com).