The 2023 call for applications closed on May 12, 2023.
Syracuse University’s academic program assessment efforts, focused on student learning outcomes, are a faculty-owned and faculty-driven process. Faculty collaboration is critical to maintaining meaningful student learning outcomes assessment. This mini-grant is designed to support faculty in facilitating program-level assessment activities to enhance student learning. The mini-grant will be awarded to faculty members who are responsible for coordinating program-level assessment and participate in a two and a half day Assessment Leadership Institute.
Assessment Leadership Institute Learning Goals
- Participants will gain assessment knowledge and skills (e.g., including considerations for equity in assessment).
- Participants will identify and demonstrate facilitation techniques that they will use to guide assessment efforts.
- Participants will develop a sense of agency to inform program-level decision-making.
To learn more, view our summary of the inaugural institute (2019-20).
2024 ALI Eligibility and Award Information
- All faculty who are responsible for student learning outcomes assessment are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be available to attend the in-person 2024 Assessment Leadership Institute on June 4-5 from 8:30am to 4:30pm and June 6 from 8:30am to 12 noon.
- Applicants are also expected to:
- Complete a short reflection at the end of each day of the institute (minute paper)
- Develop an action plan outlining how participants will engage with their faculty, what topics they will bring to the faculty during the 2024-25 academic year, and what their poster session may entail, which they will share with the group at the end of the institute
- Implement their action plan during the 2024-25 academic year
- Create a poster for the One University Assessment Poster Session (April 2025)
- Provide a final reflection on experience, progress, and impact of their participation (May 2025)
- Up to 8 mini-grants are available. Grant award is $1000 ($500 awarded after attending the Assessment Leadership Institute, $500 after poster presentation). The mini-grant can be applied to a faculty member’s research account or through payroll.
- To view this funding opportunity, visit: syracuse.infoready4.com
- Log in to the portal using your Syracuse University netID and password to submit an application.
Deadline and Notification
- Deadline to apply is May 10, 2024 by 5:00pm.
- Notification of selection will be sent by May 15, 2024.
- Selected applicants should confirm their acceptance no later than May 22, 2024.
- Contact the Assessment Working Team (email@example.com).