Syracuse University’s academic program assessment efforts, focused on student learning outcomes, are a faculty-owned and faculty-driven process. Faculty collaboration is critical to maintaining meaningful student learning outcomes assessment. This mini-grant is designed to support faculty in facilitating program-level assessment activities to enhance student learning. The mini-grant will be awarded to faculty members who are responsible for coordinating program-level assessment and participate in a two and a half day Assessment Leadership Institute.
Assessment Leadership Institute Learning Goals
- Participants will gain assessment knowledge and skills (e.g., including considerations for equity in assessment).
- Participants will identify and demonstrate facilitation techniques that they will use to guide assessment efforts.
- Participants will develop a sense of agency to inform program-level decision-making.
To learn more, view our summary of the inaugural institute (2019-20).
Eligibility and Award Information
- All full-time tenure, tenure track, and non-tenure track faculty who are responsible for student learning outcomes assessment are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be available to attend the in-person Assessment Leadership Institute – June 6-7 from 8:30am-4:30pm and June 8 from 8:30am-noon.
- Applicants are also expected to:
- Complete a short reflection at the end of each day of the institute (minute paper)
- Develop an action plan outlining how participants will engage with their faculty, what topics they will bring to the faculty during the 2023-24 academic year, and what their poster session may entail, which they will share with the group at the end of the institute
- Implement their action plan during the 2023-24 academic year
- Create a poster for the One University Assessment Poster Session (April 2024)
- Provide a final reflection on experience, progress, and impact of their participation (May 2024)
- Up to 8 mini-grants are available. Grant award is $1000 ($500 awarded after attending the Assessment Leadership Institute, $500 after poster presentation). The mini-grant can be applied to a faculty member’s research account or through payroll.
- To view this funding opportunity, visit: syracuse.infoready4.com
- Log in to the portal using your Syracuse University netID and password to submit an application.
Deadline and Notification
- Deadline to apply is April 26, 2023 by 5:00pm.
- Notification of selection will be sent by May 3, 2023.
- Selected applicants should confirm their acceptance no later than May 10, 2023.
- Contact the Assessment Working Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).