Within EvaluationKIT, Syracuse University’s new course feedback platform, faculty and school/college and department administrators have direct access to real-time response rates and results after grades are submitted. EvaluationKIT includes other features, such as a report builder to look at results over time and across courses. Detailed below is information on how instructors can access the platform and resources to use in the course feedback process.
Instructor Access in EvaluationKIT
Instructors can access EvaluationKIT in the following ways:
(1) Go to coursefeedback.syr.edu and log in with netID and password.
(2) Select the EvaluationKIT dashboard link under the Course Feedback module in Blackboard.
(3) Use the MySlice Faculty Services pagelet and click on the course feedback link.
(4) Click the EvaluationKIT Login button below.
Training sessions for instructors and school/ college/department administrators are being offered through the fall semester. This includes a one-hour session providing a full overview of EvaluationKIT, as well as sessions focused on special topics, such as selecting and adding instructor-level questions.
- Learn more and sign up for an EvaluationKIT training session!
- If you are unable to attend any of the currently scheduled sessions, please contact the IEA course feedback team.
Resources for Instructors
- EvaluationKIT Instructor Dashboard and Tips for Student Access and Participation (*.pdf) NEW!
- EvaluationKIT Guide to Adding Instructor-Selected Questions (*.pdf) NEW!
View the video below for a walk-through on how to add instructor-selected questions to your courses:
- EvaluationKIT Instructor Reference Guide (*.pdf)
- EvaluationKIT Item Banks (Draft August 2020) (*.pdf)
- School/college and departments can use the item banks to develop their forms or work with IEA to incorporate existing questions into the new system. Instructors can draw from the item banks to add questions on their course feedback forms or create their own (if the custom question option selected by school/college).
- The following schools/colleges have enabled the custom question option for instructors:
- School of Architecture
- College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Education
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics
- College of Law
- Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
- S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
The item banks are works in progress. If a preferred item is not currently included or if you have any comments or questions, please contact the IEA course feedback team.
Please contact the IEA course feedback team if you have any questions or would like more information. We are available via email and can schedule a meeting via Zoom too.