Within EvaluationKIT, Syracuse University’s new course feedback platform, school/college and department administrators and faculty have direct access to real-time response rates and results after grades are submitted. EvaluationKIT includes other features, such as a report builder to look at results over time and across courses. Detailed below is information on how administrators can access the platform and resources to use in the course feedback process.
Administrator Access in EvaluationKIT
School/college and department administrators can access EvaluationKIT in the following ways:
(1) Go to coursefeedback.syr.edu and log in with netID and password.
(2) In Blackboard, click “Tools” in the main menu and then select the “Course Feedback” tile.
(3) Click the EvaluationKIT Login button below.
Training sessions for school/ college/department administrators are being offered during the fall 2021 semester. This includes a one-hour session providing a full overview of EvaluationKIT. Training sessions may be added that are focused on special topics, such as selecting and adding instructor-level questions.
- You can sign-up for EvaluationKIT Administrator Training by clicking here!
- Current Scheduled Sessions:
- Tuesday, September 21st from 10-11am
- Friday, October 22nd from 10-11am
- Current Scheduled Sessions:
- If you have any questions, please contact the IEA course feedback team.
Resources for Administrators
- EvaluationKIT Course Confirmation Checklist (*.pdf) NEW!
- This checklist will assist EvaluationKIT Administrators to ensure all steps have been followed in the course confirmation process that occurs each semester.
- EvaluationKIT Administrator Reference Guide (*.pdf)
- EvaluationKIT Administrator Overview (*.pdf)
- EvaluationKIT Item Banks (Draft August 2020) (*.pdf)
- School/college and departments can use the item banks to develop their forms or work with IEA to incorporate existing questions into the new system. Instructors must draw from the item banks to add instructor-level questions on their course feedback forms (if option selected by school/college).
- The following schools/colleges have enabled the custom questions option for instructors:
- School of Architecture
- College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Education
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics
- College of Law
- Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
- S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
The item banks are works in progress. If a preferred item is not currently included or if you have any comments or questions, please contact the IEA course feedback team.
Course Feedback Policies and Practices
- Visit the web page more information about course feedback policies and practices.
- Visit the web page more information about EvaluationKIT timelines.
Please contact the IEA course feedback team if you have any questions or would like more information. We are available via email and can schedule a meeting via Zoom too.