Co-curricular units include unique mix of programs and services that focus on student learning and development outside of the classroom (e.g., Learning Communities, Health Promotion, McNair Scholars Program, Falcone Center for Entrepreneurship, Mary Ann Shaw Center for Public & Community Service, etc.). Units with co-curricular initiatives have goals that will include both student-learning outcomes and operational outcomes.
The annual progress reporting window for co-curricular programs and units is open through October 15. Co-curricular contacts are asked to provide updated assessment and action plans summarizing results, interpretation, and action taken for the 2018-19 academic year. The progress report is completed in Tk20. Please review our list of important reminders.
The process for conducting assessment for co-curricular units is organized into three phases:
Phase 1 — Specify and Plan:
- Specify goals and outcomes
- Specify information, evidence and measures to be collected for each outcome
- Define criteria for success
Phase 2 — Collect and Analyze:
- Collect the data for measures specified in Phase 1
- Analyze and interpret results
Phase 3 — Action and Follow-up:
- Indicate changes to be made
- Indicate how you will know the change made a difference
Our assessment team assembled guides, examples, and templates to help develop Assessment and Action Plans (AAP) which you can find in assessment resources.
To see the schedule of workshops and events, please see the Events page.